Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: systemd presets vs. package install order
On Mon, 2015-06-15 at 12:46 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> writes:

On Monday 2015-06-15 12:34, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

AppArmor has a preset "enable by default" (in the separate
systemd-
presets-branding-openSUSE), but unfortunately the AppArmor
package gets
installed before systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE gets
installed.

How did that happen? Didn't it require %systemd_requires?

Well, few packages *actually* require systemd.

Any one that comes with a service file, see above.

Andreas.

Indeed, and I just rechecked the macros and the setup:

systemd does require the branding package, as we'd expect
%systemd_requires expands to:

Requires(pre): systemd
Requires(post): systemd
Requires(preun): systemd
Requires(postun): systemd

Which is also exactly what we'd need (with this, the post script has
the preset available and can setup the service as expected).

We might want to have at least a lint warning for .service files being
installed, but systemd_requires not being added.

Dominique

--
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
< Previous Next >