Re: [opensuse-packaging] suse_version handling troubles/solutions

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 11, Johannes Meixner wrote:

Some time ago I was (somewhat imperiously) told that
distinguishing between SLE service packs is wrong.

If I remember correctly the reason behind is that
a package e.g. for SLE11 must be installable in
SLE11-GA and in any SLE11 service pack.

This is not really correct and far to simplyfied.
The problem is that most of this changes are coming between
Service-Packs, so that you would need to distinguish between
if this change is already installed on the system or not.
Besides some other good reasons.

Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284
(AG Nürnberg)