Re: [opensuse-packaging] Use of generics in "requires" statements?
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 2015-04-30 16:42, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday 2015-04-29 01:04, Greg Freemyer wrote:

My SR to add a couple of generic "Requires:" to the wordpress spec
file has been rejected because they are generic:
Can someone explain to my why the use of

Requires: httpd
Requires: mod_php_any

[... consider] php-fpm.

To close the loop on this, I did the SR as a Recommends and the SR was
accepted.

Aha. I would have just removed them altogether.

And potentially break wordpress for the 99% of users that run it on
the same machine as Apache.

Or is it common to run wordpress on one machine and Apache on a different one?

Greg