[opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-project] [Announcement] SUSE Release SLE Sources to openSUSE Project

SUSE is preparing to pro-actively release a significant portion of
the SUSE Linux Enterprise source code,[...], to the openSUSE
project. These packages will give the community an enduring, stable,
and maintained base, upon which exciting[...]

Mighty goodlord, this is too much salestalk/marketspeak.

The significant portion of SLE code is from openSUSE and/or other
open projects anyway, so that may not be all that exciting.

An openSUSE community distribution built upon this base can plan for
a sustainable stream of packages, as we intend to continue releasing
and updating this platform in line with the cadence of SUSE Linux
Enterprise and it's [sic] service packs.

Reads to me like "The openSUSE distribution converges with SLE and the
two become the new SUSE Linux (open, this time)".

Would not even be bad.