Re: [opensuse-packaging] gdb extensions
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

Hi,

What are the general guidelines to package gdb python extensions?
I would like to include gdb python printers with eigen3-devel package,
because it is near impossible to debug Eigen matrices without it.

The problem is that I have not found any packages to use as a reference.
In my opinion I just have to put /etc/gdbinit.d/eigen3 file, and scripts
into /usr/share/gdb/python/eigen3

libstdc++ and libglib/gobject pretty-printers are in

/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib{,64}

for example. Please don't put stuff into /etc/gdbinit.d as that gets
always loaded.

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,