Re: [opensuse-packaging] disable /run RPMLINT check
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI!

Can I disable this RPMLINT check?

[ 168s] RPMLINT report:
[ 168s] ===============
[ 176s] (none): E: badness 10000 exceeds threshold 1000, aborting.
[ 176s] openldap2.x86_64: E: non-ghost-in-run (Badness: 10000) /run/slapd
[ 176s] A file or directory in the package is located in /run. Files
installed in this
[ 176s] directory should be marked as %ghost and created at runtime to work
properly
[ 176s] in tmpfs /run setups.

While I understand the motivation this leads to more troubles with packages
trying to support older distribution versions where /run is not yet
available.
Or is that no concern anymore?

Ciao, Michael.

Do not add those files to the spec, either as real files or ghost'ed.
but ensure /run/slapd directory is created by using a tmpfles.d
snippet and calling
%{?tmpfiles_create:%tmpfiles_create %{_tmpfilesdir}/foo.conf} in %post
*before* any other macro that could reload or restart the service.

I would argue that nothing should own any file or directory in /run.