Re: [opensuse-packaging] changelog exists in my OSC pacakge build, but RPMLINT not finding it
  • From: "Dmitriy Perlow" <dap@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 06:54:49 +0300
<aleph2@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sat, 25 Apr 2015 06:40:22 +0300:

I'm creating a package using OBS, and keep getting an rpmlint error about changelog that I can't figure out.

My spec file has the required '%changelog' section

cat test.spec
%build
make

%install
make INSTALL_PREFIX=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install

%clean
rm -rf %{buildroot}

%post

%postun

%files

%changelog
test.changes ← Delete this line!

Fix /l\

And the changelog file exists in the package dir locally

ls test.changes
test.changes

But when I run the build

osc build --clean --local-package test.spec

This is in the RMPLINT report

[ 42s] RPMLINT report:
[ 42s] ===============
[ 42s] test.noarch: W: suse-filelist-empty packages without any files are discouraged in SUSE
[ 42s] test.noarch: W: no-changelogname-tag
[ 42s] test.src: W: no-changelogname-tag
[ 42s] There is no changelog. Please insert a '%changelog' section heading in your
[ 42s] spec file and prepare your changes file using e.g. the 'osc vc' command.
[ 42s]
[ 42s] 2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 3 warnings.
[ 42s]

What do I gotta do here to get this changelog settled?

The latest spec line involves broken changelog entry and RPMLINT reports it in this strange way.

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy DA(P).DarkneSS Perlow @ Linux x64