[opensuse-packaging] Re: Shared Library Packaging; SONAME is missed
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:57:16 +0300
17.04.2015 13:51, Jan Engelhardt пишет:

On Friday 2015-04-17 12:02, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

that has neither SONAME nor version (so, package version will be
0.0.0+gitXXXXX).

0~gitNN I recommend. It is shorter and also handles the case
someone comes up with a 0.0.0.0.0.1 release :)

And according to the section "When there is no versioning" of the
guideline I would have to have libprussdrv-0.0.0_gitXXXXX.so that is
quite ugly and will break majority of scripts and makefiles which
have -lprussdrv

It won't break for obvious reasons.

The -l argument looks for libprussdrv.so, which *will* exist
and be a symlink.

Right, it comes from -devel package. Thank you.

It is only that the actual library file is called
libprussdrv-0~gitXX.so, but you don't need to care about its exact
name anyhow, as that is taken care of by the linker and runtime
equipment (ld.so and zypper).