Re: [opensuse-packaging] Transition to GCC 5 status
On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Richard Biener wrote:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 10:50:07AM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, Richard Biener wrote:

The project to get packages to build with GCC 5 which we should try
to transition to has progressed but is not yet finished.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc49

currently shows 13 package build fails and 59 packages not built
due to failed requirements.

Of the packages that fail building some of them have patches
from me either in SR state or just in the devel projects which
have not been pushed to Factory.

So we are down to a handful of fails and -><- this close from building
DVD images. Main offenders that prevent that are

shim -- fixed in devel project but not forwarded to factory :(
yast2-auth-server, C++ error, fix sent to maintainers
open-lldp -- fixed in devel project but not forwarded to factory :(

some fixes are now finally staged and should appear in factory soon
(hopefully).

Please push your packages to factory.

shim might be tricky, this might be the one Microsoft is not willing to
sign currently.

Ah, so transitioning to GCC 5 is blocked by Mircosoft? Nice.

Btw, if that is really the case we shouldn't re-build shim all the
time. Any minor GCC change can cause different code to be generated
and thus require re-signing (or even some random changes in headers).

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,