[opensuse-packaging] Python 3 only (was: heads-up: dropping SLE11 compatibility in d:l:python and python3)
  • From: Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:42:01 +0100
On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 02:19:29 PM Benjamin Denisart wrote:

If we want doing something to reduce mass of work, we should
instead
decide what to do with python2 and 3 packages. I purpose that each
time
a package is py3-compatbile and is not a dependency of a py2-only
package, we provide py3 version only in Factory.

Quite radical! : )

I kind of like the idea, but maybe makes more sense after the default
Python version installed in Factory is only Python 3. After that, we can
make Factory an only Python 3 distribution, removing packages like in
your proposal.

Thanks,
Alberto Planas

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)