Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to create a .patch file?
  • From: Florian Leparoux <florian.leparoux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:48:54 +0100
Hi :

The step :

- Make a copy of the file to patch
cp file file.orig

- Modify the file
vim/nano/... file

- Create the patch with diff
diff -u file.orig filetopach > file.patch

Regards

Le 24/02/2015 11:45, Olaf Martens a écrit :
Good day!

Sorry for asking again (unfortunately this is my very first attempt in
patching something), but right now I'm stuck with creating the actual patch
file. Somehow just running a diff over the old and new versions of the script
doesn't yield anything that seems to be useful for patching, though...

I already have done a checkout of Postgrey and also have disassembled the
package, but now I'm stuck at generating the actual patch...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Yours

Olaf Martens