Re: [opensuse-packaging] heads-up: dropping SLE11 compatibility in d:l:python and python3

hello Richard,

thank you for your comment. You are right that this should have been handled
differently, and I'll know that the next time an issue like this arises.
I want to apologize to anyone who feels slighted by not being included, and I
promise to do better.

To answer your question and clarify the announcement: the decision to drop
"official" support for SLE11 is agreed upon within the internal packager team.
The main point of the announcement is that we want to switch off SLE11 builds
(unless the users object, but ISTM the community doesn't care all that much
about SLE?), and that we (meaning the internal maintainers) no longer care
about SLE11 compatibility in d:l:py.
I agree that I should have discussed this with fellow d:l:py maintainers
first, but I hope that when stated like this, the announcement is not as
controversial.

sorry again
m.