[opensuse-packaging] Upcoming transition to GCC 5

Hi,

we are currently trying to get openSUSE:Factory:Rings:0-Bootstrap and
openSUSE:Factory:Rings:1-MinimalX clean to build with GCC 5 in the
openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc49 project. Once that works reasonably
I will push GCC 5 to Factory without enabling it as a default - that
will be done when it works fully (help appreciated at that point).

There is a porting-to document that explains some issues you may run
into (also consider the 4.9 variant as we didn't transition to that):
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-5/porting_to.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/porting_to.html

You may also find the analysis of Fedora interesting which explains
why some packages now fail to build:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-February/207549.html

GCC 5 packages can be installed from devel:gcc where they are regularly
updated. Those sources also feed openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc49.

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,