Re: [opensuse-packaging] Patches naming (include source version?)
  • From: Kyrill Detinov <lazy.kent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 19:26:01 +0300

On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 06:41:02 +0100 Michal Kubecek wrote:

I'm not sure here. A quick investigation shows:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/bash
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/bc
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/bluez

My guess is this is mostly a relict of old days when one often had
multiple sources unpacked in one SOURCES directory so that naming all
patches and sources prefixed with package name was a useful trick to
avoid collision and distinguish which package does the patch belong
to.

Sounds reasonably.
I almost agreed, but … just found the commit in "New Tumbleweed
snapshot 20150204 released!"

==== xosview ====

- Rename patches
xosview-appdef.patch becomes xosview-1.16-appdef.patch
xosview-configuration.patch becomes xosview-1.16.dif
xosview-diskstat.patch becomes xosview-1.16-diskstat.patch
xosview-serial.patch becomes xosview-1.16-serial.patch

--
WBR
Kyrill