Re: [opensuse-packaging] patch names: maybe include patch numbers?
* Bernhard Voelker <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2015-01-12 17:19]:
On 01/12/2015 10:33 AM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
can you explain the reason behind why it would be good
to have the number of the patch in its name?

basically it's the same as what Yamabam wrote:
to know the order of the patches at first glance,

After reading all your comments, I think I maybe just should
go with some prefixes like "upstream-" or "downstream-" which
also gives a rough idea about the categorization.

We already have patch tags for such meta information (although
unfortunately not all packages use them) and applying or removing
or inserting patches while maintaining the right order can be
easily achieved with quilt.
--
Guido Berhoerster