Re: [opensuse-packaging] patch names: maybe include patch numbers?
В Sun, 11 Jan 2015 14:00:37 +0100
Bernhard Voelker <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 01/11/2015 01:41 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Sunday 2015-01-11 13:27, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
I guess moving the patches around in the sequence is not that
common

It happens (like, when inserting a patch between 1 and 2). And when
it does, it will be a mess renaming all the 204 patches.

Hmm, I don't think this would happen too often (here) - usually I'm leaving
much space between the numbers, e.g. reserving 1xx and 2xx for upstream
patches, 3xx - 4xx for openSUSE-specific adaptions, 5xx.. for downstream
bugfixes, etc. There's no strict rule, but just to give you an idea.
The {201..204} example was from a series of upstream patches to be included
where the order won't change.

Not to mention
the factory-auto/factory-repo-checker bot which will nag you about every
"new" and "removed" patch not being mentioned in .changes.

When renaming patches - wouldn't one mention this in .changes?

For each of 200+ patches forced to be renamed for pure technical reason?

Note that when using GIT to maintain patches you usually get numbering
for free when generating patches.

I would ...

Have a nice day,
Berny