Re: [opensuse-packaging] About patching .po and .gmo files
  • From: jcsl <trcs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 23:15:55 +0100
Hi.

El Jueves, 8 de enero de 2015 00:41:57 Kyrill Detinov escribió:
On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:22:51 +0100 jcsl wrote:
I've updated the Spanish translation for Obconf. I've submitted the
file upstream but in the meantime I want to add it to the package in
the repos. If I only include the es.po patch (because es.gmo is a
binary file) the updated translation isn't applied. I think that OBS
copies the .gmo files directly. How do I manage this? Do I have to
upload the .gmo file and copy it in the install phase of the spec
file?

No enough info.

Package is Obconf.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:jcsl:test/obconf

The "po" directory contains .po and .gmo files. I have found that .gmo are just
.mo files, so I did

msgfmt es.po -o es.gmo

Then I created the patch with

diff -uNr obconf-2.0.4 obconf-2.0.4-new

The patch part for the es.po is correct, but for es.gmo it only outputs
"Binary files obconf-2.0.4/po/es.gmo and obconf-2.0.4-new/po/es.gmo differ".

Anyway, patch the es.po. Then 'make update-gmo' in the locale directory.

In the "po" directory there is a Makefile.in.in only, so I don't know what to
do. Would that make any difference given that I've already created the .gmo
file
manually?

Greetings.