Re: [opensuse-packaging] Adding a new package which depends on others

On Wednesday 2014-01-29 16:08, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

I would like to add a new package (pocl) which depends on non-standard
packages :
* hwloc-devel which is in Factory and developped at devel:libraries:c_c++
* ocl-icd-devel which is in Education
* opencl-headers which is in Education
* uthash which is in devel:libraries:c_c++

I think devel:libraries:c_c++ or devel:tools projects may be fine for pocl
package. Is there anything better?

I hear OpenCL in context of science a lot (so "science" project), but
I do not eliminate the possibility that some other programs, such as
of the areas gaming and field-specific software (the kind that
Applications:Geo, /graphics/librecad is) might offer to use it as
well if present.

In the end, it does not matter what develprj it lives in as
long as everything comes together in Factory.

Not sure about the right RPM Group: 'Productivity/Other' or 'System/Libraries'?

That's rather easy:

(main) and xx-devel: Development/Libraries/C and C++
libxx0: System/Libraries