Re: [opensuse-packaging] exfat-nofuse in factory or at least consolidated in filesystem
On Tuesday 2014-01-28 08:27, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:seife:testing/exfat-utils
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:seife:testing/fuse-exfat

I just packaged those because I was under the impression that exfat
would be a good filesystem for external storage portable across OSs
(Hint: it is not), so I'm not really using it anymmore.

I can submit it to filesystems, but I will certainly not maintain it,
since I am not using it.

There are two parts of work to be done - creating a spec, and updating
it. If there already is a /filesystems/exfat-utils (or any other package
for that matter), potential passers-by only need to branch&update it.

On the other hand, if there are tens of different exfats in home:
lingering, passers-by are perhaps more likely to start a spec from
scratch. IOW, a non-home location can be seen as "official and
somewhat clean enough" to consider touching it.