Re: [opensuse-packaging] exfat-nofuse in factory or at least consolidated in filesystem
Hi Bruno,

Am 28.01.2014 20:54, schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
Now we still have a "trouble" where this damned fs is used more and
more by high-end devices like camcorder, camera etc. So somewhat we
should propose something to our end-users to be able to pick their
data and save them to a safer fs.

That's certainly true.

Now if I can certainly package and make it build (and use it due to
my camcorder :-) I'm not able to choose between the fuse and the
no-fuse one.

Any guidance there, or what I should look at first ?

Maintaining an out-of-tree kernel module is often a major PITA. So if I
had to decide, I would certainly go for the fuse version.

For Factory / openSUSE, the legal limbo in which all this exFAT
stuff is hanging is probably a problem.

Seems that the no-fuse is now fully GPL available, since last
October.

Yes, but there is still the latent threat that it is Microsoft's
patented technology.

IIUC.
IANAL.
YMMV.