RE: [opensuse-packaging] Re: RPM in openSUSE 13.1
There are many ways, you just have to decide what matches your case the
best.

Another approach may look like the following:

1) check, if you're building on x86_64 etc.

I am always building on x86-32. In fact Skype is 32-bit only software. I think
I mentioned this before, but worth mentioning again.

2) if the above AND building on SUSE, Require: alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit
3) if not on SUSE nor 64bit, always use the 'normal' package name

%ifarch x86_64 amd64 ia32e
%if 0%{suse_version}
Requires: alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit
%endif
%else
Requires: alsa-plugins-pulse(x86-32)
%endif

Easy and straightforward, don't you think?

Is this going to be in the .spec file when building the RPM? If yes, doesn't
seem to solve my problem at all, since %ifarch x86_64 amd64 ia32e is going to
be always false and then it will always require alsa-plugins-pulse(x86-32),
which fails then to install on 64-bit openSUSE.
As previously said I need to have ONE single RPM, created by ONE single build
machine (32-bit openSUSE), that works for all openSUSE out there (forget about
Fedora right now, that RPM is going to be built on a different machine).
Rather this seems to be the solution in case we would build TWO different RPM
packages from TWO different openSUSE build machines, one for x86-32 and one for
x86-64.
One more time: I am lacking to understand how to create a MULTIARCH single RPM
package that pulls the same 32-bit package on both openSUSE 32 and 64-bit.

So either I am lacking to understand your solution or I explained my point in a
non clear way. Hope you can clarify.
And thank you to everyone is trying to solve my problem in your spare time.

best
Marco

-----
Linux UI team, Skype