Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: RPM in openSUSE 13.1
On Thursday 16 January 2014 03:58:50 Marco Cimmino Gibellini wrote:

We do not use overlapping package names like Fedora. (You can't
easily run rpm -U or rpm -i,-e on them in some cases.)

In other words, our package names / with arch symbols would be:
Requires: libz1(x86-64)
Requires: libz1-32bit(x86-32)

So you are saying we can include the following in the Requires:
Requires: alsa-plugins-pulse(x86-32), alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit(x86-64)

Yours sounds odd as the '-32bit- package names are usually available on
x86-64 and not x86-32 as far as I can tell.

If you install alsa-plugins-pulse without 32bit suffixbut of 32architecture on
a 64-system, then it will
make installation of the 64-bit package with the same name impossible, which
may break many other programs.
The packages marked as i586 architecture are not designed to be installed on a
64-bit system.