Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: RPM in openSUSE 13.1

On Thursday 2014-01-16 00:16, Bernhard Voelker wrote:

Our main problem is to add a dependency in our Skype rpm package that
depends on a 32-bit libraries, regardless the
running openSUSE is either 32-bit or 64-bit.

This is easily achievable on Fedora 20 specifying in the RPM Requires field
something like this:
Requires: alsa-plugins-pulseaudio(x86-32)

However the same thing does not work on openSUSE 13.1

We do not use overlapping package names like Fedora. (You can't
easily run rpm -U or rpm -i,-e on them in some cases.)

In other words, our package names / with arch symbols would be:
Requires: libz1(x86-64)
Requires: libz1-32bit(x86-32)

But, if you dlopen a particular .so file, you can just request
that directly instead of a package by name:

%ifarch x86_64 ppc64 sparc64 # not ia64. check the list.
Requires: libz.so.1()(64bit)
%else
Requires: libz.so.1
%endif

And if your program does not call dlopen at all, then you ought
not to bother - it's not your job. Your program does not have a
hard requirement on the Pulseaudio plugin (one would hope), so
it must not have a Requires on it.