Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Proper version scheme for packages from git, hg, svn, ...
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:18:41 +0000
Stefan Seyfried (stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Am 14.01.2014 12:51, schrieb Adam Spiers:
Just like non-git is said to be.

Apples and oranges. Structured development processes are *nothing*
like being forced to use an antiquated SCM.

I don't think Jan is opposed to using git (he offered to push his clone
somewhere IIRC)

No, he actually did push it - not just offer.

he is opposed to using github. Which are two different subjects.

Yes, I was fully aware of that. But he was claiming a similarity
between requesting submissions via github, and using a non-git
solution, and that is an apples and oranges comparison (or even apples
and telescopes).