Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Proper version scheme for packages from git, hg, svn, ...

On Monday 2014-01-13 15:38, Adam Spiers wrote:
However, please can you submit this to a fork on github,

I don't use github, sorry.

This is not a personal choice, it's how the project operates. github
and Travis are an integral part of the development workflow for
tar_scm (and many other openSUSE projects). I can't imagine why you
wouldn't use github,

Because I don't have to. Git is reasonably distributed that I can host the
repository itself. By forcing people to use a specific service, you throw the
git effect overboard, and add an entry barrier instead. Just like non-git is
said to be.

to contribute in general. Personally I will not merge a branch for
which I cannot conduct a code review in public,

I shall gladly post the patchez as mail. (I think I indeed might have only sent
the pull cover mail.)

Like I said, @TAG_OFFSET@ or similar is a big improvement.

Then again, if there is no tag, we compute the distance to the history root
instead. So @TAG_OFFSET@ isn't totally accurate either.