Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Proper version scheme for packages from git, hg, svn, ...

On Friday 2014-01-10 20:44, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
10.09.2013 15:33, Jan Engelhardt пишет:
On Tuesday 2013-09-10 13:22, Sascha Peilicke wrote:

I'd like to gather some input on versioning schemes used for
packaging SCM snapshots.

Pattern 5 "X+git.1363873583.8dfab15" is terribly long, and hashes are
useless in many situations, either because history is practically linear
(like systemd's git) or because you are only ever following master.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_naming_guidelines#Handling_special_version_strings

Should I assume that guidelines at the link have been fixed according the
decision token after this terrible long discussion?

The last significant changes were made the same day I pointed at the
URL.