Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Stack protector isues?
On Wednesday 08 January 2014 10:10:38 Stephan Kulow wrote:

/* GNU ld script
Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
the static library, so try that secondarily. */
OUTPUT_FORMAT(elf64-x86-64)
GROUP ( /lib64/libc.so.6 /usr/lib64/libc_nonshared.a AS_NEEDED (
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 ) )

I think this is a bug in the linker in the logic for --as-needed in
connection with GROUP. Apparently the linker does not go back and
search libc.so.6 again for the undefined symbol __stack_chk_fail
referenced by libc_nonshared.a. If I either remote --as-needed or add
-lc a second time the link succeeds.

I doi not see --as-needed in the affected package from Factory.

It's default unless you set SUSE_ASNEEDED=0

I tried to add the -lc to the linker flags but it did not help :-(