Re: [opensuse-packaging] keep services enabled during upgrade
Le mercredi 18 décembre 2013 à 13:37 +0100, Olaf Hering a écrit :
What is the best way to keep an already enabled sysv runlevel script
enabled when the package moves from sysv init scripts to .service files?

It is done automatically if the package is using the various %
service_add|del_pre|post macros.

To me it looks like having the service file listed in the
preset-branding files is not enough when doing rpm -Fvh X.rpm. The
result is a disabled service if the previous version of X.rpm had an
active /etc/init.d/X and the current version has a X.service.
I'm forced to run 'systemctrl start X.service' after every reboot.

presets are only applied for initial package install, not on upgrade
(including sysv => systemd upgrade).

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE