[opensuse-packaging] Re: factory-repo-checker and noarch packages
On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:45, Jean Delvare <jdelvare@...> wrote:
Le Thursday 12 December 2013 à 21:46 +0100, Jan Engelhardt a écrit :
On Tuesday 2013-12-10 09:05, Jean Delvare wrote:

Noarch packages may be small and fast to build on average, but
they still account for over 13% of all packages on my openSUSE 13.1
system.

Not all .noarch.rpm files stem from a package that has
"BuildArch: noarch" in the main subpackage.

That's true, but the noarch subpackages should be the same in all
builds. So we could decide that only one arch (say x86_64) builds them.

I won't take care of it, it's not my area and I'm busy enough as is. All
I'm saying is that it should be possible.

May I trow an Idea in here?
- When You touch up that logic, how about the following:

If only ONE Arch / Sub-arch is selected, this arch also builds the
'noarch' stuff, no matter what arch? {see: PPC, ARM(32/64), iA(32/64)}

Also, if we make 'noarch' as direct selectable arch available, OBS
could select the arch with the most resources available to build
the package in question.

- Yamaban.
< Previous Next >