Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packages failing to link
Hi,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

So an application linking against some libx (c-client above) needing
symbols of liby (libpam above), where libx itself isn't linked against
liby. I.e. it's expected that all users of libx need to link against
liby themself. This situation _is_ normally okay.

Except that the recent binutils (in connection with link with
--as-needed which is the default in our build-system) update broke it
when those symbols are only provided in a versioned variant (like the
pam symbols from libpam.so).

So in plain english it means in this case that libc-client.so build is
broken and not PHP (or in my case: mailsync) build?

Well, if you want to declare anything broken, then yes, it's
libc-client.so. It's a supported scenario though, so it's not really
broken, if it weren't for the buggy binutils. I've just submitted a fixed
one, though. So you can just wait a bit and it'll resolve itself.

Ciao,
Michael.