Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-repo-checker and noarch packages
Hi Jan,

Le Monday 09 December 2013 à 20:04 +0100, Jan Engelhardt a écrit :
On Monday 2013-12-09 19:09, Jean Delvare wrote:
Quilt is enabled against openSUSE_Factory in devel:tools:scm, but only
for x86_64. It is a noarch package so I see no reason to waste build
resources to build it on more than one architecture.

I remember that bs_sched used to make a significant distinction between
BS architectures and RPM file architectures. If you disabled building
quilt.i586, there would be no quilt.noarch.rpm in
/srv/obs/build/openSUSE:Factory/standard/i586/quilt, and other packages
that BuildRequire quilt would not start and instead show "unresolvable".

Oh well, I'll just re-enable the i586 build then. Thanks for the
warning.

But it would be great to encourage noarch packages to be built only
once, rather than on all architectures. That would save a lot of build
power. Noarch packages may be small and fast to build on average, but
they still account for over 13% of all packages on my openSUSE 13.1
system.

--
Jean Delvare
Suse L3 Support