Re: [opensuse-packaging] git for BS packages (was: factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility)
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:56:46 +0000
Ruediger Meier (sweet_f_a@xxxxxx) wrote:
BTW it would be really nice if OBS packages would be git repos. Packages
in different projects would be just different branches of
one "imaginary common repo". This would make life a lot easier and you
could add the unique revision numbers to the bug reports to check even
automatically whether a fix is already _merged_ or not.
Having a mapping into both directions between bugs and fixes (git revs)
would make it possible (for everybody) to track all kind of additional
private infos wherever.

Yes, that would be really great. A while ago I tried to revive
Andreas Grünbacher's bsgit work:

https://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/old-en/5/55/Git-in-the-build-service.pdf

but I only got as far as building the packages:

http://software.opensuse.org/package/bsgit

and didn't actually see what it does yet.