Re: [opensuse-packaging] [OFFTOPIC] list reply etiquette (was Re: krb5 dependency in Base:System)
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:05:30 +0000
Jan Engelhardt (jengelh@xxxxxxx) wrote:
On Thursday 2013-11-28 22:20, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
Then you should change your mail client, if you answer to a mailing
list, it should not put the sender into To.
At least mutt is able to handle this correct. And if I see that only
2-3 people are not able to replay correct, then it is not "how mail
programs work" ...

And if I see that only 2-4 people are complaining all the time? This
discussion has been had before. Result: LKML-style copying practices are
acceptable. (Not surprising given it's the default of the Reply
function.) See
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_lists_subscription#Individual_users_are_free_to_choose_where_they_wish_replies_to_them_sent.

There are valid reasons both for and against; see also:

https://mailman.suse.de/mlarch/SuSE/cloud-devel/2013/cloud-devel.2013.07/msg00453.html

However "I don't like receiving two copies" seems like a weak argument
to me, because there are ways to avoid that.