Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: krb5 dependency in Base:System
On Thu, Nov 28, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Would it be possible to have a simple module in pam and more advanced
functionality in a different package - it can even be required by pam
as long as this is requirement does not apply in the build service
(bootstrap). I mean - long term ;)

This will not solve your problem.

The RPC implementation in glibc is IPv4 only, means no IPv6.
And I don't think that this will ever change, two years ago they
even tried to get ride of RPC in glibc completly.

Which means, every application using RPC and IPv6 needs to be
linked against libtirpc. And I expect that this number of applications
will grow in the next years, not shrink.

So yes, you can start to touch some hundred packages to add workarounds
for the libtirpc/krb5 dependency issue, or you can try to find one
solution for libtirpc which would solve all of this other packages,
too.