Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Re: krb5 dependency in Base:System
On Thu, Nov 28, Yamaban wrote:

IMO a split-out of NIS / YP stuff from pam_unix is needed, or
a "pam_unix_minimum" as a replacement.
A pam_nis or pam_krb "modul" makes much more sense
(as it can be left out of bootstrap).

A pam_nix or pam_krb module doesn't make any sense and will be
a nightmare to configure.

No need to pollute the base buildsystem AND
just EVERY installed system with kerberos and/or
NIS / YP stuff if it isn't needed or wanted.
What's the next proposed must-build-in dependency?
CIFS(Samba) -- or maybe something else?

There is a difference:

CIFS is an external library/package, NIS is integral
part of glibc and doesn't pull in other libraries.

But we don't speak here about NIS, we speak about
IPv6 and RPC. NIS doesn't work at all with IPv6, the
protocol is incompatible.

Thorsten