Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: krb5 dependency in Base:System
On Thu, Nov 28, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Thursday 2013-11-28 12:01, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

On Thu, Nov 28, NeilBrown wrote:

pam_unix*.so uses libtirpc, presumably for NIS (aka YP) lookup.
Do we support kerberos authentication for NIS lookup I wonder.

Several PAM modules uses libtirpc as fallback, but luckly for us,
it's only really needed for pam_unix.so. And this one uses it for
different tasks.

It would seem to me that pam_unix should perhaps move to pam-modules,
so that the pam core does not depend on anything extra that
mere plugins would pull in.

At fist: I don't understand why you include the people from a
mailing list into To, too...

Second, this would mean you need to add pam-modules to the base packages,
which wouldn't solve that problem at all, but makes it worse.

Third, this will not solve the RPC/IPv6 issue, if, in the end,
you move everything from pam to pam-modules.

Thorsten