Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: krb5 dependency in Base:System

On Thursday 2013-11-28 12:01, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

On Thu, Nov 28, NeilBrown wrote:

pam_unix*.so uses libtirpc, presumably for NIS (aka YP) lookup.
Do we support kerberos authentication for NIS lookup I wonder.

Several PAM modules uses libtirpc as fallback, but luckly for us,
it's only really needed for pam_unix.so. And this one uses it for
different tasks.

It would seem to me that pam_unix should perhaps move to pam-modules,
so that the pam core does not depend on anything extra that
mere plugins would pull in.