Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
On 11/25/2013 03:16 AM, Stefan Behlert wrote:
On Nov 22, 13 11:28:02 -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 11/22/2013 10:00 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 11/22/2013 03:33 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
[...]
You forget that openSUSE is using SUSE bugzilla. So openSUSE would need
to look for a new bug tracker ...

That's not the problem. The problem is the following workflow:

SUSE developer gets a (private) bugreport and fixed it in package Y for
SLES 11. Then s/he fixes the same bug for openSUSE factory and
references the private bugzilla number.

But why does the initial description have to be private. See my proposal
earlier in the thread.

My fear is, that this would result in some cases in bug descriptions like
"see coment 1. closed description due to security/private issues".

Yes, we would get some cases like this. However we would also get plenty of cases where the initial description is public and useful enough to understand the problem even if most or all remaining comments in a bug might be marked as private.

We have to get over the "all or nothing" mentality and we should not let corner cases prevent a solution that might generally present positive change.

Later,
Robert

Tech Lead
Public Cloud Architect