Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
On Nov 22, 13 11:28:02 -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 11/22/2013 10:00 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 11/22/2013 03:33 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
[...]
You forget that openSUSE is using SUSE bugzilla. So openSUSE would need
to look for a new bug tracker ...

That's not the problem. The problem is the following workflow:

SUSE developer gets a (private) bugreport and fixed it in package Y for
SLES 11. Then s/he fixes the same bug for openSUSE factory and
references the private bugzilla number.

But why does the initial description have to be private. See my proposal
earlier in the thread.

My fear is, that this would result in some cases in bug descriptions like
"see coment 1. closed description due to security/private issues".

Stefan

We can argue about work flows and commit messages and and and until the
cows come home and we'll make little progress. All of this can be avoided
with a few minor changes and it addresses the issues going forward.

Later,
Robert

Tech Lead
Public Cloud Architect
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx
rschweik@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147

Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Project Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)