Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
On Friday 22 November 2013, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx>
wrote:
No, I don't care about about private bugs in bugzilla. I
just don't want to have them in submit messages,
changelogs and patchinfo of openSUSE packages.

Again, just removing information does not help anyone and
will have bad impact on the workforce in openSUSE Factory.

Hm, seems you cannot understand this because you _have_ access.
From my point of view we wouldn't remove any information if we
remove those dead links.

They help you indirectly.

Having them in allows to review whether all patches that were done
for SLES are also done for openSUSE. We had a couple of engineers
looking especially at this during the last year so that openSUSE
does not miss anything important.

Without the bnc numbers it would be really hard to figure out...

I know this because I cannot figure out already now ...

You can. You don't know what the patch is about, but you know patch
3824783 is in both at least.

I think an enhancement to the WebUI or OSC that warns about private
bnc references on checkin would be best. Something like source
validation, but that emits a warning and lets the commit in.

BTW it would be really nice if OBS packages would be git repos. Packages
in different projects would be just different branches of
one "imaginary common repo". This would make life a lot easier and you
could add the unique revision numbers to the bug reports to check even
automatically whether a fix is already _merged_ or not.
Having a mapping into both directions between bugs and fixes (git revs)
would make it possible (for everybody) to track all kind of additional
private infos wherever.

Moreover we could even locally fetch branches from the Fedora remotes.
Just to compare them or just to have even more references to their
bugtracker.

Because I'd bet many of those bugs remain private because SUSE
employees don't even notice they're introducing dead links for the
rest. If they knew, they'd be able to take care of it.

Yep, this seems to be addressed by the original poster.

cu,
Rudi