Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility

Hello,

On Nov 22 16:00 Andreas Jaeger wrote (excerpt):
Yes, we should ask for clear descriptions and not just "fix bnc#xxxx",

I think a clear description that is comprehensible without
reading any additional (external) source is a must.

And then it does not really matter if this or that reference
to this or that external source actually works for a
particular reader.

Think about all those various kind of issue trackers or
whatever else there is out there in the free software word
which may or may not change arbitrarily at any time.

Does anyone really think it works reliable for several years
when there is only a reference to an external source?

In particular our business customers deserve to get
a clear description that is comprehensible without
reading any additional external source so that they
could still understand it even after several years
when this or that external source may be no longer
accessible via that reference.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner