Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility

Quoting Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>:

On 11/22/2013 03:33 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:

If we really want the SUSE developers to fix the bugs, we have to live
with some private bugs. Yes, we should ask for clear descriptions and
not just "fix bnc#xxxx",

Which is something 'we' devel project maintainers can do (and do!).

Most of the time I run into 'closed' issues when it comes to identify
if a patch is still valid; a clear 'bug statement and how to reproduce
the bug' is often missing (or references to test documents).

This is not something I'd expect to be all put into the .changes...

but then, honestly, those happened 'once in a while' to me only and
either I contacted any of the nice folks I know with a @suse email
address and ask them to open it or at least give me a summary and
eventual information available to validate it.

Certainly not a good workflow, but probably it also puts more load on
@suse folks than it puts on me.

Dominique

PS: At this point, a thanks to all the suse folks that DO help me get
to those things in the past! You know who you are...