Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
Am Freitag, 22. November 2013, 15:14:50 schrieb Ruediger Meier:
On Friday 22 November 2013, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 11/22/2013 03:00 PM, Ruediger Meier wrote:
On Thursday 21 November 2013, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 21. November 2013, 14:16:48 schrieb Claudio Freire:
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Stefan Behlert <behlert@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

..

This would mena that someone has to do this e.g. for all
referenced security bugs, all SLES/SLED bugs and much more.

Supposedly, the work for extracting a minimal description of the
bug into a public source would be small compared to actually
fixing the bug.

True, but this can be done directly in the .changes file. Some
description about the change had to be written there anyway.

If that description is not good enough openSUSE-Factory
maintainers can of course reject the package.

Well, IMO the maintainer can only objectively rate the description
if he also can't access the bnc.

But please keep in mind that openSUSE is currently using SUSE
bugzilla. I do not think want to double the effort to maintain an
own bug system and to sync the data always.
So we need some compromise here.

Of course we could also build in some OBS feature to track some
data elsewhere and jsut generate it inside when it got built
within a different context. But I think it will create too much
confusion for most people.

Actually I don't understand the problem completely. Are SLES
customers able to access all the bugs?

SLES customers report bugs to NTS which then open bugs - and partners
report directly to NTS. Both groups might include private
information. Partners for example have only access to the bugs they
reported,

So then it's even annoying for SLES customers to see all these private
references. Suse should track their private references elsewhere as you
mentioned.

You forget that openSUSE is using SUSE bugzilla. So openSUSE would need
to look for a new bug tracker ...

However, I am actually happy that we have only one. In most cases it makes
the collaboration much easier.

bye
adrian

--