Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
On Thursday 21 November 2013, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 21. November 2013, 14:16:48 schrieb Claudio Freire:
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Stefan Behlert <behlert@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

..

This would mena that someone has to do this e.g. for all
referenced security bugs, all SLES/SLED bugs and much more.

Supposedly, the work for extracting a minimal description of the
bug into a public source would be small compared to actually fixing
the bug.

True, but this can be done directly in the .changes file. Some
description about the change had to be written there anyway.

If that description is not good enough openSUSE-Factory maintainers
can of course reject the package.

Well, IMO the maintainer can only objectively rate the description if he
also can't access the bnc.

But please keep in mind that openSUSE is currently using SUSE
bugzilla. I do not think want to double the effort to maintain an own
bug system and to sync the data always.
So we need some compromise here.

Of course we could also build in some OBS feature to track some data
elsewhere and jsut generate it inside when it got built within a
different context. But I think it will create too much confusion for
most people.

Actually I don't understand the problem completely. Are SLES customers
able to access all the bugs?

cu,
Rudi