Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
Hi Claudio,

On Nov 21, 13 13:53:40 -0200, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 21, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:

Hello guys,

Just informational mail that we plan to enable bnc# checking in the
changelogs
to ensure that Factory submissions are in fact only listing visible bugs.
[1]
[2]

Ok, and since we are not allowed to make nearly all of this bugs
public, it will end in either removing the bnc numbers (not good)
or not submitting this fixes to openSUSE at all (very bad for
openSUSE).

No, only sensitive private information should be marked private, and
the bug report itself, or at least the non-sensitive bits, should be
left open for all to see.

This is not only about private comments. It's about a complete bug that may
not be visible as a whole - because they contain sensitive information,
NDAed information or are for a product where the bugs are not publicly
available by default.

Or... just file a new bnc with the non-sensitive description, a link
to the private bnc, and add that to the changelog.

You are aware that we are talking about thousands of bugreports in the
worst case?

This would mena that someone has to do this e.g. for all referenced
security bugs, all SLES/SLED bugs and much more.

Just to make this clear: Yes, we try to file as many bugs against openSUSE
as possible, but there are still a lot left.

I wonder what is planned to achieve with that checking?
You are not gaining any more information, as I doubt that a lot of people
would really duplicate a (closed) security bug and strip of all related
information (which btw makes the duplication worthless).

You are just taking information for some people away.

Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Project Manager Enterprise

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)