[opensuse-packaging] Request for testcases on spec-cleaner
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:58:47 +0100
Hello guys,

Now for something completely different apart from my previous mail.

As part of the hackweek efforts we in openSUSE Team are going to have next
week I plan to work forward on spec-cleaner tool that is intended to be
superset of the prepare_spec perl magic with something more readable and with
testcases. [1]

So what I would need is if you could take it on your specs and if it screw up
(like for sure it will in its current state) write out start -> desired output
files so I can convert it to testsuite and have it checked.

There are currently known bugs for sure. Just grep for FIXME in the
spec_cleaner subdir to get some picture, also there are few failing tests
which already verify for something that it is doing poorly/uttery wrong.

Overall one of biggest problems you can see with your specs now is that if you
use %if... in your preamble it gets matched poorly and breaks ordering of that
section. But when we tried it on mysql.spec it coped quite well and trivial
specs are already parsed decently well.

In the end really if you could try to run it (after git clone just run "python
repo/spec_cleaner/__init__py myspec.spec -o output.spec") and report with
issues here as reply or on github.

TIA

Tom

[1] http://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner/