Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
Hi Tomas,
I think this is really bad step. It force SUSE developers to have
separate changelogs for SLE and openSUSE projects. Consider current
work-flow:
1) we get bug report from paying customer who attach confidential data
or want to keep problem private as it can indicate his bussiness plans.
2) we found bug and fix it
3) update for SLE is released. Some customers checks BNC in changelog
to ensure that their problem is really fixed.
4) current way if we found that problem affect also opensuse, then
we fix it there and use same changelog entry, so we can see if problem
is fixed also in opensuse. If your proposal start acting then we cannot
use same changelog entry and it makes really hard to check if we
port fix to openSUSE. Opening separate bug report just for opensuse
seems like adding another obstacle for developers.

I see what you want to fix, but this way it is really bad way and
probably end up in deleting all BNCs in changelog for factory (so
instead of list of bugs we fix it ends up with line like "port fixes
from SLE"). Better solution even if it is not so easy to force is to
ensure that changelog entry is good enough even without BNC that is not
accessible.

Josef

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:59:53 +0100