Re: [opensuse-packaging] Basic git-archive --remote question
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:54:55 -0400
On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 2013-06-24 16:52, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I'm trying to create a tarball from a git tag and I'm not getting
logged in for some reason. What is the right syntax for:

I am not going to say it's off-topic; but just out of pure consideration
for a more accurate (and perhaps _faster_) answer, I think #git and/or
the git mailing list are actually better places.
(Oddly enough, if I attempt git archive remote with my own server I get
back a warning/error, but against git.kernel.org it's a connection
reset. Hrm-hrm.)

I just sent it that way. I was assuming everyone knew the answer, so
I asked here first.