Re: [opensuse-packaging] The Python3 devel project will be devel:languages:python3
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Alexandre D. Rogoski
<alexandre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/13/2013 01:51 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
For the record, there are two options to resolve the matter:

1) Enhance factory-auto checker so that it knows about this special case
2) Separate d:l:p and d:l:p3 (no links / no sub-spec files)

Both solve the issue that "osc up" took ages in d:l:p. Unrelated to that,
osc still has room for improvement here.
Good day!

I vote for the 2nd option, seems expensive at first time, but better
in long terms.

Thanks.

I disagree. I don't maintain many packages, but the ones I do, I know
having the spec files together makes perfect sense. I even have a
script file to generate the py3 version out of an updated py2 (or
apply spec patches from the py2 version into py3).

Having them completely separate smells like it would create lots of
"out-of-sync" trouble.