Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to proceed when upstream bundles prohibited sofware
Am Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013, 14:50:20 schrieb toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
In article <51B857C9.5060808@xxxxxxx>, Ludwig Nussel
<ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> writes:
Ludwig> It might be sufficient to put an rm -r in the spec file and
Ludwig> clearly document there that with this you are removing the
Ludwig> offending code so there is absolutely no way for it to end
Ludwig> up in the binary package. As additional safeguard you could
Ludwig> also add some additional grepping on the binaries after make
Ludwig> install and fail the build if the offending code somehow
Ludwig> sneaked in nevertheless. With those measurements it might be
Ludwig> acceptable for legal while still adhering to the pristine
Ludwig> source principle.

This approach makes more sense, though I will get clarification from
legal if they are happy with this approach.

sure, that approach is much better.

However, I thought you speak about cases where even the source tar ball
must not allow these files. In this case the src.rpm still contains the
original source tar ball.

But if that is acceptable (depends on your legal issue) it is definitive the
best way.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx